Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Tuff Guy


Now, some of the New Harvest crew have older profiles deep in the blog.  Jim is one of them.  But who wants to click through pages?  (You should though. Good stuff.)



Who are you?
Jim Connolly

What do you do?
Lead Technician, Coffee Sales

Tell us something interesting/funny about yourself:
I would trade any skill I have for the ability to dunk a basketball.

When did you first get into coffee?
In my mid 20's, I was a late bloomer. I was working a commission based sales job and the only way to make some real money was to work 6-7 days a week. Eventually I just fell into the coffee routine the rest of the salesman were on. Like many New Englander's, my gateway coffee was flavored iced coffee "extra extra." From there I dropped an "extra" at a time until I was drinking black coffee, preferably dark roasts. That led into leaving chains behind and focusing on smaller, local shops and my torrid love affair with coffee began.

What is the single most significant moment in your coffee life thus far?
Rory Vangrol (friend of mine, former NH employee) deciding to move back to Rochester, NY. It opened up a roster spot and I was able to sneak into the NH family.

Since working at New Harvest, what has changed about your outlook on coffee?
Not much has changed with MY outlook but with climate change and leaf rust I think we should be more worried about COFFEE's outlook.

Favorite coffee at the moment?
Ethiopia Nura Korate

No comments:

Post a Comment