Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Nu Metal Erick

Pretty sure that Erick doesn't like Nu Metal.  He may hate it.  However he is the newest staff member.  Let's get to know him.
There are only pictures of him pouring cappuccinos.  There is simply no evidence he exists otherwise.


Who are you?
Erick Armbrust

What do you do?
Barista/Morning Supervisor @ New Harvest Coffee and Spirits

Tell us something interesting/funny about yourself:
I am a practicing sculptor and a pretty decent shot with a bow and arrow.  I enjoy long walks on the beach especially when there are weird bones that wash up on the shore. 

When did you first get into coffee? 
I first got into coffee through The Greenleaf Coffee Co-op at Guilford College in Greensboro, NC.  In addition to being a horizontally run business full of passionate, rad people, the Greenleaf was my first exposure to coffee on an artisan level, as well as concepts like Fair and Direct Trade.

What is the single most significant moment in your coffee life thus far?
Its a dead heat between my first cup of shade grown Ethiopia (blew my mind) and when I went to Siena, Italy and realized that, at least in northern Italy, the espresso is rubbish.  

Since working at New Harvest what has changed about your outlook on coffee?
I've definitely experienced a huge growth-spurt in terms of coffee knowledge since coming here, and my desire to further my own coffee education both on and off the clock is given a substantial boost by my coworkers and our clientele.  Since coming on board, I've been more freely able to immerse myself in both the culinary and the cultural celebration of coffee.

Favorite coffee at the moment?
Colombia Valle del Cauca

No comments:

Post a Comment