Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Meet The Fam

Over the next week or two, I will be rolling out little interviews with my fellow employees.  These will be accompanied by precious moments, immortalized in still frame.


Who are you?
Ana

What do you do?
Barista Trainer/Quality Control/Customer Support

Tell us something interesting/funny about yourself:
I draw pictures of historical figures but their faces are hamsters 

When did you first get into coffee?
I got a job at a local cafe in high school because my best friend worked there. I REALLY got into coffee though when I got trained by New Harvest for a new job.

What is the single most significant moment in your coffee life thus far?
Seeing hundreds of coffee trees on the side of a basically, vertical drop mountain side and realizing the cherries are picked by hand. 

Since working at New Harvest, what has changed about your outlook on coffee?
Everything. What it takes to grow coffee, to process it, to sell it, which then changes your outlook on why it's important to prepare it correctly. So much work goes into getting the beans here, and we want to showcase all the hard work of the farmers! 

Favorite coffee at the moment?
Our new Rwanda Gitesi

No comments:

Post a Comment