Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Meet The Fam: (continued)






Who are you?
Corey Stroffolino

What do you do?
Barista, QC, Assistant Tech, Future Shop Manager NHC&S, Run on Sentences

Tell us something interesting/funny about yourself:
I would trade any skill I have to watch Jim dunk a basketball.

When did you first get into coffee?
My parents let me try coffee when I was really young, about eight or nine.  I remember taking my first sip with a little milk and sugar and loving it, for some reason.  Could have been a lot of sugar, I was young and details are blurry. I attribute this early exposure and not genetics to my lack of height (is this still a thing?).  At 19, I got my first coffee job at Starbucks and loved how much there was to learn about something I thought was so simple. Moving to RI, I worked at Olga’s Cup and Saucer, who uses New Harvest coffee and started meeting some of the NH family there, as they would pop in from time to time.  As luck would have it, years down the line I would end up working here.  Every year I learn more, and realize there is so much more to learn.

What is the single most significant moment in your coffee life thus far?
5 foot 6 (see: early exposure)

Since working at New Harvest, what has changed about your outlook on coffee?
Realizing I have only scratched the surface at what there is to know about coffee and the specialty industry.  Working here has given me the resources to keep learning and the encouragement to keep being excited about doing so.

Favorite coffee at the moment?
Kenya AA Nyeri Gatomboya

No comments:

Post a Comment