Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Question: How and when did you first start getting into coffee? Answer #1: Jim


Here's the first installment in a series of questions to get to know all of the New Harvistas better. Today Jim "Tuff Guy" Connolly, our main Tech Services Man (he can fix anything, people. ANYTHING.), tells us about how he first got into coffee.









I had been working a job with very long hours for a few weeks and eventually just "got in" on one of the many daily coffee runs. I started, like a lot of New Englanders, with flavored coffee with lots of cream and sugar. Over time i just started using less and less cream and sugar and eventually stopped with the flavored coffees in general. The next step was becoming a "dark roast guy." also, around this time I had started drinking coffee black. I was also drinking coffee more for enjoyment and flavor and not just to get through the day.

Getting a cup a coffee was becoming more of a social thing as well, meeting up with friends for coffee and such. I sought out local shops and tried to stay away from chains, not for any sort of political reason but the smaller shops just seemed to serve a better cup of coffee. A chance encounter with a furious headbanger named Devlin led to me learning a little about the New Harvest name and that really started me on the path to drinking better coffee. I guess if you think about it it also started me on the path to working here at NH. That means now it's my turn to headbang furiously until someones asks ME about coffee.


2 comments:

  1. TRUE OR FALSE: Your nickname (appropriate, awesome) "Tuff Guy," was given to you by The Katie Carguilo of CCC at MANE 2010?

    ReplyDelete
  2. from what I've been told this is in fact true. memory of that night is a little foggy.

    TG

    ReplyDelete