Wednesday, July 6, 2011

How'd You Get Into Coffee, Gerra Harrigan?

Gerra has been here a really long time, almost as long as Rik. She's the head of marketing and sales, and maybe the Vice President? I get to share an office with her. She is awesome. Not
only does she know everything about coffee, but she has amazing people skills, and killer style.









"I started working in coffee in 1896 I mean 1986. I was 15 and worked four days a week at the Coffee Exchange in Providence. I loved it so much. We brewed coffee into glass decanters, made mile high cappuccinos and touted our Swiss Almond and Viennese Cinnamon flavors as much as our oily, blackened espresso. We served the best coffee in all of Providence and were unknowingly at the forefront of the specialty coffee movement because we were trained to care about coffee. We now do just about everything differently but guess what, I still care. Sappy? Yes, but true."




No comments:

Post a Comment