Sunday, June 23, 2013

Meet The Fam Round: Better Late Than Never (or Corey Needs to Buy a Computer)

Who are you?
I am Eric Lepine.

What do you do?
I am the Head Roaster at New Harvest Coffee.

Tell us something interesting/funny about yourself  
I can dunk but choose not to because my unwithering restraint only proves how powerful I really am.

When did you first get into coffee?
I first really got into coffee when I was a coffee buyer for Whole Foods Market in 2006.

What is the single most significant moment in your coffee life thus far?
I have been to farms in Costa Rica, Guatemala and Honduras now.  Each of those trips were unique and provided me with new things to learn and new experiences to take home.  Being a part of the MANE Coffee Conference has also been something I don't take for granted.  Also working with Providence Coffee Society has been a rewarding experience that has allowed me to meet and bond with many of the best coffee professionals RI has to offer.

Since working at New Harvest what has changed about your outlook on coffee?
I think I am a lot more humble about my work.  I know I'll never have all the answers, but it makes every day interesting.

Favorite coffee at the moment?  
Finca Santa Isabel, Guatemala...perhaps biased since this is the first coffee I've ever visited at origin, roasted and brewed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment