Monday, March 28, 2011

My Crafty Mom

It's not Mother's Day yet but I thought I'd do a mom appreciation post today anyway.

Not only is my Mom, Michele, a coffee fiend (she drinks about 6 cups a day, that's about 5 times more than I can handle), and an awesome mom, but she is a crafting machine. If you come in to our Roastery Coffee Bar and look to your left, you'll see these fab coffee cozies that she made from recycled felted sweaters. There are little ones for coffee cups, and sweaters to keep your French Press warm. She also made that paper maché bowl that they're in. She's crazy.



















My mom isn't selling stuff on the internet yet, but she and my sister and I have a little craft blog.

How does your Mom like her coffee? Michele likes our French Roast, made in a french press, with a little half-and-half, which she never stirs because she likes "clouds in her coffee".

I'm interested in hearing your family coffee stories too...does your family have some sort of weird coffee tradition that you've never experienced anywhere else? Or a cultural tradition that you still have an attachment to? My Aunt Susan makes her coffee every day in a drip machine with cinnamon in the grounds. I'd definitely couldn't do that every day (and also as New Harvest Coffee we wouldn't recommend it) but for me personally there's something familiar and comforting about drinking it once a year when we spend Thanksgiving in King of Prussia, PA.














No comments:

Post a Comment